ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
Attendance at Paññāsāstra International School is mandatory. Students must be punctual and attend all classes. If parents bring their children to school, they need to arrive at school on time. School days: Monday to Friday. School starts at 8:00 A.M. and ends at 5:00 P.M breaks: 11:00 AM – 1:00 P.M.
Tardiness WILL NOT be tolerated. Students arriving late will receive disciplinary action. Students who are picked up repeatedly in tardy sweeps will be seen by an administration in parent conference.
The only reasons accepted by the PSIS as “EXCUSED ABSENCES” are: illness, quarantine ordered by health officer, medical, dental, optometric and chiropractic appointments, a death or funeral services of a member of the family, court proceeding and observing of religious ceremonies or siblings wedding. Absence due to special circumstances, prior arrangement must be made with the administration.
All other absences will be considered “unexcuseable ABSENCES”. PSIS will not excuse student for family vacation, baby-sitting, oversleeping and/ or transportation problem.
No student is permitted to leave school at recess or any other time before the regular hour of closing without the approval of the school Principal or his or her designee. Violations will be considered as truancies.
The school requires a satisfactory explanation (given dates and reasons for the absence) from a parent or guardian, either in person or by written note, whenever the student is absent for all or part of the school class he/she missed or arrived late. Permission to leave campus during class session will be granted only upon request of a parent or legal guardian, nurse or administrator.
MAKE-UP HOME WORK POLICY
Upon returning to school,
- Students who are absent from the school with “Excused absences” will be permitted to make-up all the missed assignments or test. It is the student’s responsibility to ask for the make-up assignments or test from instructor.
- Students who are marked “Unexcused absences” or return WILL NOT be
Permitted to make-up any assignments or tests.
NOTES: if a student has been absent from school
- for one hour and for all or part of the day or one day, she/he will be counted one time of absence.
- for more than 10 times of unexcused absences, she /he will be subject to individual discipline plan for the First time and the Parents will be contacted.
- for more than 15 times of unexcused absences, she /he will be subject to individual discipline plan for the Second time and the Parents will be contacted.
- for more than 20 times of unexcused absences, she/he will be subject to individual discipline plan for the Final time and the Parents will be contacted.
- for more than 25 times of unexcused absences she/he will be assigned to retake and exam to help make-up his/her promotion even if annual average makes are above 50/100% (fifty over a hundred attendances)
- for more than 35 times of unexcused absences she/he will be required to repeat the class even if her/his annual average marks are above 50/100%.
- for more than 45% times of unexcused absences, she/he will be expelled from the school.
- for more than 45 times of unexcused and excused absences, she/he will be required to repeat the class even if her/his annual average marks are above 50/100%.
for more than 40 times of excused absences with annual average marks 50/100%, she/he will be assigned to retake an exam to help make-up his/her promotion. Or a student who had an annual average marks below 50/100%, she/he must repeat the class.